 |
| Buying durian, an extremely pungent (and also extremely tasty, in my opinion) fruit that is popular here. |
 |
| Ramen. I think the meat on the left is pork cheek - a delicacy. |
 |
| This is actually birds nest soup. Yes, you read that correctly. Very very expensive (Jozette's mum was kind enough to make some for us) and has quite a sweet taste. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edible_bird's_nest |
 |
| As August is the seventh month in the Chinese calendar, there are lots of rituals involved. Burning of incense, leaving an offering to the gods, and so on. This man is planting some incense candles. |
 |
| Quite proud of making this myself. Spaghetti with chicken breast in white wine and mushroom sauce. Really hearty and delicious - I've had quite a few opportunities to brush up on my cooking skills out here! |
 |
| Playing mahjong. In short, the objective is to match or sequence tiles to get rid of your hand and score points. |
More to come later, as I don't have my camera on me at the moment!
No comments:
Post a Comment